Everything is okay between Coutinho and me – Klopp - FAITH ADAMA'S BLOG

Everything Trending....

test banner

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Everything is okay between Coutinho and me – Klopp




Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said Philippe Coutinho’s failed attempts to force a move to Barcelona have not damaged their relationship.

Coutinho handed in a transfer request earlier this month in a bid to convince Liverpool to sell him to Barca, who have had three offers for the forward rejected.
The last of those bids was reported to be worth £118 million (128.7 million euros, $151 million), but Liverpool have maintained their stance that the 25-year-old will not be sold in the current transfer window, which shuts at the end of August.
“Of course, everything is okay between me and him. Absolutely. 100 per cent,” Klopp said on Tuesday.
Coutinho is yet to feature this term due to a back injury picked up in pre-season and will once again be unavailable when the Reds face Hoffenheim in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier at Anfield.
“He can’t start tomorrow because on top of that he’s now ill,” Klopp said.
“It will take time because he has not trained for a long time. I’ve no idea at this moment (when he will return), we would have to check when he is back.”
Regarding suggestions a deadline imposed by Barcelona to complete a transfer had now elapsed, Klopp replied: “I never give any comment to whatever’s written or said but it’s 100 per cent clear that nothing’s changed.”
Despite Coutinho’s absence, Liverpool are still expected to seal their place in the Champions League group stage on Wednesday